Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Britt's Black Bean Burgers

This is DELICIOUS! Happy family all around. I bought whole grain bread thins to eat these on. I also sprung for some "no hormone" all natural cheddar cheese to top them and it was worth the extra $.
**I used sweet yellow onion instead of red and I doubled the recipe. Trust me, you will want leftovers! Season them the way you like.

Britt’s Black Bean Burgers

3 rings of pickled jalapenos (**no thank you ;)
1/2 cup chopped red onion
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup fresh parsley (**I used dried)
15 ounce can of black beans, rinsed and drained

1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 large egg, slightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
sea salt

Heat a skillet with non-stick spray. Once warm add the peppers, red onion, and garlic in to the skillet and cook until they start to turn brown. Put the cooked mixture of veggies into a food processor or blender. Add the parsley and pulse several times. Add the beans and pulse five or six times. The beans should be broken up but there should still be some small chunks. Don’t over process, as you want your bean burgers to be a little chunky.

Transfer the veggie and bean mixture into large bowl and stir in the bread crumbs and other remaining ingredients and form into four patties.

In the same skillet, heat on medium, spray non-stick spray and add the patties, cook each side until browned, about 6-7 minutes total.

(Eatingbirdfood.com)

No comments: