Ok, I really can call it my own because I have toyed around with this recipe many times but this is what I finally decided on. I was really aiming to make it taste great without having to add a whole stick of butter or two. :)
Rainer's Chicken Pot Pie
Rolled up pie crust dough (1 box has 2 pieces in it) (or get 2 boxes of dough because you can easily make 2 pot pies from 1 recipe)
1 bag of Bird's Eye Steam in Bag mixed veggies
1 can of fat free cream of chicken soup
1 can of fat free cream of mushroom soup
1/2 tube of sage flavored sausage (I go with Tennessee Pride!!)
2-3 chicken breasts (can be frozen or not)
Dry or fresh italian seasoning
A few shakes of cracked black pepper
1/4 cup fat free italian dressing
1/4 cup of shredded cheese (I like the italian blend)
Ok, I start by putting frozen chicken breasts in a crock pot on low for about 6 hours. I put the italian dressing and about 1 tsp. of the italian seasoning on top of frozen chicken and let the crock put do the work while I am away. Then after 6 or so hours I take out the chicken and chop it up (save the juices in the bottom of the crock pot for later). Cook your sausage in a skillet. Steam your veggies in the microwave bag and throw in large bowl. Then add your soups, cooked sage sausage, 1 tsp. italian seasoning, black pepper and the 1/4 cup of shredded cheese. Add your chopped chicken to the bowl and also add about 1/4 cup of the flavor drippings from your crock pot. Stir to combine all ingredients. Thaw the pie dough according to directions. Place one piece in bottom of large pie dish, scoop contents of bowl into the pie shell and then top with the other piece of dough Seal edges tightly with fingers and then cut 4 holes in the center to vent. Cook at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until lightly golden on top. **** This recipe is enough to make 1 very large chicken pot pie or go ahead and buy an extra box of pie dough and just make 2 pot pies. Lately, I have been making 2 at a time and sharing one. People do not seem to mind. Enjoy!
Friday, December 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment