CARAMEL APPLES
Makes 8 apples; Total 40 Minutes
8 Small, Tart Apples (such as granny smith...I used large apples)
8 Caramel Apples Sticks (I used Cookie Sticks b/c they were thicker)
1 Cup Heavy Cream, divided
1 Cup of Sugar
3/4 Cup Light Corn Syrup
1 Stick Butter
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
Remove and discard apple steams; insert sticks half way into the apples; set aside
Boil 3/4 Cup Cream, Sugar, Corn Syrup, and Butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until mixture turns a rich brown color and the candy thermometer reaches 250 degrees. Stir with a Wooden Spoon. This takes a while... about 15- 20 minutes
Whisk in remaining 1/4 cup cream, vanilla, and salt. Remove from heat; cool for 2 minutes
Dip apples one at a time into the hot caramel. Allow excess caramel to drip off, then quickly press nuts, toasted coconut, crushed pretzels, or any other favorite topping onto the caramel before it cools. Refrigerate apples to set caramel. If you want to dip your apples in chocolate...do so after they get refrigerated so the caramel is completely set. Dip your caramel apples into brown chocolate (I used chocolate bark and melted it in the microwave). Return them back to the refrigerator to set then if you want to finish them off with white chocolate drizzle (I used white chocolate bark and melted it in the microwave) Pour the melted white chocolate into a sturdy ziplock bag. Seal it and then snip, and I mean only snip the bottom corner of the bag. Once you start to squeeze the bag the white chocolate will come out in a fine line. Drizzle all over your apple. Again return to refrigerator to set. Serve Caramel Apples at Room Temp.
No comments:
Post a Comment