Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Miss Daisy's Tomato-Artichoke Salad

Today I found a grocery store that has a post office in it! So convenient and it is only 2 miles down the road from us. A bonus is that they have a deli with some of Miss Daisy's dishes pre-made and ready to take home. I picked up this salad and was so impressed! I looked online and found the recipe. Thank you Miss Daisy.

DAISY KING / MISS DAISY'S KITCHEN

4 large tomatoes cut into wedges or 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
3 c canned, drained artichoke hearts, sliced
1 small red onion, thinly sliced *(or use half)
2 T chopped parsley

Dressing:
2 T Balsamic vinegar
1 T Dijon mustard
1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions: In a bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Gradually, whisk in the oil. Toss with vegetables and transfer to a serving platter.

Yield: 4-5 servings

**The onion was in very thin little slices. Because of the dressing I did not notice a harsh onion flavor. Adjust to your liking

No comments: