Sunday, September 13, 2009

Cheesy Chili Dip (Game Food!)

Yes, you can choose to make this "healthier" by using turkey chili and light cream cheese but don't skimp on the cheese. 2% mozzarella just doesn't melt the same way! I first made this when we were in college living on campus. We were newly married and I threw Mitch a birthday party in our cracker box sized apartment. I spent the entire night in the kitchen washing dishes! We had a huge turnout and not enough plates. So much for trying to use our new "dishes" and forgoing paper plates. Lesson learned.

2 cans of chili
1 pkg. cream cheese, cubed
1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
Garlic powder to taste
Ground black pepper to taste

Heat chili in pot on stove and slowly add the cream cheese cubes. Stir until melted. Add shredded cheese, stir until melted, add spices and taste. Pour into serving dish and sprinkle with extra cheese on top for garnish. Serve with Frito scoops.

No comments: